Good afternoon everyone
OK, after much anticipation . . . here it is . . . !!! I will do my best to get the next 2 weeks’ out as soon as possible . . . then after Melbourne IM I should be able to deliver this for you! I’ve received your feedback about the timeliness of this email so will take that onboard. If you have suggestions about where you would like the rides to go, please also send this to me at email@example.com I have received feedback that a couple of people would like “different” rides – I love this feedback and would appreciate a bit more help with where you would like to go. So please help me to help you . . . I’m all ears!
Two rides again this week, leaving at 5am & 6am, so please be at Coffee Club North Lakes by 4.50 or 5.50am, ready to leave on time. For those new to the club, we then come back to Coffee Club & enjoy a social chat & coffee (after the run off the bike of course!). If it’s raining, I’ll put a message on facebook page if ride is cancelled.
SAFETY FIRST – please obey all road rules, including stopping at red lights & stop signs. The penalty for not obeying road rules is 20 push ups – which must be performed as soon as practical on the ride. I ask all ride leaders & everyone on the ride to take this seriously. The positive recognition for doing the right thing is we all enjoy our rides more and motorists are more pleasant towards us !!
RECOVERY / FLAT RIDES this week . . .
RIDE A – (5am) – out through Deception Bay, Morayfield, Caboolture, then (race pace) TT out to Toorbul and back. Approx 100ks. If your program says more, then add on a trip out to Redcliffe / Sandgate ***2 groups***
RIDE B – (6am) – for those wanting some hills, head out thru Strathpine, Old Northern Rd, then Hamilton Rd loop. Approx 80ks
RIDE C / RUN (6am) – out to Sandgate via Redcliffe, PARK RUN for those wishing to run, then ride back to North Lakes, approx 50-60ks ***if you don’t wish to run, then you could do 2-3 loops around Sandgate / Shorncliffe whilst the others are running . . . or chill / coffee whilst they are running 🙂 Good luck to those running the 5k
RIDE D (6am) – normal Sandgate loop, home via Elizabeth Ave. Approx 50-60ks ***Note: this group is designed for those who are stepping up from the beginner group, not for faster riders***
SHORT / BEGINNER (shorter distance, ave speed 20+ k/hr) – Ed & Louise’s adventure. Approx 40-50ks ***Note: speed will depend on slowest rider, group stays together***
JUNIORS – normal Sandgate loop with speed work at Sandgate, approx 70ks
NOTES RE: RIDES
- Your Saturday ride is an LSD (long steady/slow distance) ride – it isn’t meant to be high intensity (unless you are required to do efforts or a fast TT)
- Mooloolaba athletes – you should be past your “hills” training now, and it would also be worthwhile including some race pace TT efforts (eg, 20ks) in your long ride
- BIKE SKILLS SESSION – for those new into riding on the road and/or those who want to improve their skills . . . Ed & I will be running a bike skills & drills session on Sat 29th March at 6am. For those wanting to join this session, this will be done as the start of your Sat morning ride
- MARY’s IM CHALLENGE – yes Mary, challenge accepted!!!! 🙂
- SUNDAY SESSION – ride / swim / run at Caloundra – if its raining on Sunday morning, check facebook re the ride up. If light rain, the ride will still be on; if heavy rain, the “official” ride may be cancelled for safety reasons. Reminder to drop your swim / run gear at my place or Mary’s, or bring it with you & give to Mary on Sunday morning
- PORT MAC SUPPORTERS BUS – it’s time to make a commitment if you are keen to join the supporter’s bus to Port Mac. I have accom booked – we had to book for 3 nights – so will be leaving Bris approx 6 or 7pm Fri evening 2nd May, returning to Bris approx mid afternoon on Mon 5th May. The cost will depend on the number of people who respond and commit to joining us for this fun weekend (last year’s bus crew are still talking about it!) . . . if you are keen to join us, please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org or SMS me on 0497 078 543 BY SUNDAY 16TH MARCH. I will then need to collect a $100 deposit from everyone by SUNDAY 30TH MARCH, with final payment due approx 2 weeks later
Quote for the week
Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game (Michael Jordan)
Have a great weekend . . . train safe & stay upright
Regards . . . Jules