Good evening everyone
Apologies about the previous email – let’s call it a “bkac” error (between the keyboard and the chair!!) . . . new email systems are fun to play with . . .
Anyway here’s the real riding update email . . .
Two rides again this week, leaving at 5am & 6am, so please be at Coffee Club North Lakes by 4.50 or 5.50am, ready to leave on time. For those new to the club, we then come back to Coffee Club & enjoy a social chat & coffee (after the run off the bike of course!)
SAFETY FIRST – please obey all road rules, including stopping at red lights & stop signs. The penalty for not obeying road rules is 20 push ups – which must be performed as soon as practical on the ride. I ask all ride leaders & everyone on the ride to take this seriously. The positive recognition for doing the right thing is we all enjoy our rides more and motorists are more pleasant towards us !!
RIDE A – (5am) – out Dayboro Rd, across Mt Samson Rd, back in Eatons Xing Rd, Bunya Rd, Hamilton Rd, Sandgate loop. Approx 100ks. If your program says more, then add on a trip out to Nudgee Beach before heading down Sandgate Rd
RIDE B – (6am) – thru Strathpine, old Northern Rd to Rode Rd roundabout, Beckett Rd, Sandgate loop. Approx 80ks
RIDE C (6am) – normal Sandgate loop, approx 60-70ks
RIDE D (6am) – normal Sandgate loop, home via Elizabeth Ave. Approx 50-60ks ***Note: this group is designed for those who are stepping up from the beginner group, not for faster riders***
SHORT / BEGINNER (shorter distance, ave speed 20+ k/hr) – Ed & Louise’s adventure. Approx 40-50ks ***Note: speed will depend on slowest rider, group stays together***
JUNIORS – 2 options for you – Sandgate loop if you’re racing Bribie (60ks), otherwise Hamilton Rd loop, approx 80ks
NOTES RE: RIDES
- Your Saturday ride is an LSD (long steady/slow distance) ride – it isn’t meant to be high intensity (unless you are required to do efforts or a fast TT)
- Bribie – if you’re racing Sunday & it is a goal race, then a short, easy ride is best for you on Saturday. If you’re racing Saturday, then don’t ride on Sat morning (you can still come for coffee though!)
- Mooloolaba athletes – you should be past your “hills” training now, and it would also be worthwhile including some race pace TT efforts (eg, 20ks) in your long ride
- CONGRATS to Yvonne for winning C2 grade at the criterium race at Lakeside last Saturday . . . awesome work!
- GOOD LUCK to everyone racing this weekend, whether it be north, south, east or west, or over the Tasman . . . enjoy your race & we can’t wait to hear how you went
- RECOVERY wishes go out this week to Jane Hermann, after having a coming together with a ute at Sandgate on Tuesday morning . . . Jane found out the hard way that it is best to go around a ute, not through it! Fortunately no broken bones but some pretty nasty bruising. Best wishes for a speedy recovery Jane
- For those wanting to track the guys racing IM NZ, their racing numbers are: Dan Mc (390), Mark (581), Rob (660) Keith (854), Andrew (963) – you can go online to www.ironmanlive.com. Race hard guys!!
Quote for the week
Make today ridiculously amazing!!
Have a great weekend . . . train safe & stay upright
Regards . . . Jules